Information System for the Governance of Veneto
In 2005 the regional statistical department of Veneto, according to local regulations (L.R. 8/2002) and the information needs, started the SėGOVe project (Sistema Informativo di Governo della Regione Veneto) to better support the regional governance.
SėGOVe is aimed to support politicians, public sector managers and others local institutions in their daily work supplying certified information in a timely and efficient way.
SėGOVe is a statistical information system storing all the information related to regional requirements (economy, demography, agriculture, ...).
After identifying the overall contents structures (chapters, areas, sections, ...) the statistical department chose a modular approach and started to implement the first areas of the system to evaluate the SėGOVe potential. Then, year after year, many other modules have been deployed; today the system is made up of 32 different areas.
For each module the project team identifies the data sources based on key users' requirements. Once identified the data sources, the data model is designed and the data collection phase starts in order to transform raw-data into consistent and homogenous information. Finally the team implements analysis scenario supported by reports and dashboards (i.e. measures and indicators).
The project is in production since march 2006 and allows the users to get, in an easily and timely manner, useful guidelines and hints to drive their analysis and decision making processes.
The solution addresses the needs of the "business users" with :
- free context and sectors analysis
- a set of predefined reports in order to produce printed publications
- summary high-level dashboards with value-added data to monitor the main social and economic regional indicators
- vertical interactive dashboards, i.e. international trade, focused on analyzing a single phenomenon
- A unique data warehouse environment with administrative data (internal sources) and public information (external sources)
- A data gathering process based on multiple heterogeneous sources (i.e. flat file, relational entities)
- A metadata infrastructure to support technical needs and business users
- A complete stack of business intelligence functionalities covered by a new BI suite: enterprise reporting, query and analysis, ad hoc reporting, dashboard.